Today, we are pleased to launch our inaugural network survey – Conservatives in Communications (CiC) Census 2020 – and invite all supporters to participate! This is your once-a-year opportunity to provide feedback, so we can better serve you and add more value going forward.
ONLY SUPPORTERS CAN PARTICIPATE. CHECK EMAIL FOR LINK
As you will know, we are an independent and informal industry network that presents like-minded individuals with the opportunity to mingle, gossip and share ideas, and, where appropriate, provide sector expertise to the Party machine.
We relaunched in 2019 – with a new chair and directors, a website and some social media – and our mission is to be more dynamic, proactive, diverse and transparent than in previous years. Please do take a moment to review what we consider to be our top 10 achievements to date:
- Rebuilt the network to 400 professionals, from a real variety of backgrounds
- Expanded our pool of industry patrons and directors
- Created 19 parliamentary patrons (that’s one peer and 18 MPs – a majority from the 2019 intake)
- Brought on board someone to support and develop Young Tories in Comms
- Organised and invited you to three networking receptions in Westminster and outside the bubble, with the home secretary and two former directors of communications at No.10
- Partnered with BECG, Ellwood Atfield and Kekst CNC to sponsor and host those occasions, so that we have zero debt
- Campaigned for several supporters, of whom six were elected MPs
- Published and promoted 24 blog posts – from the team and our supporters – several of which have been republished on conservative news sites
- Circulated regular e-newsletters and migrated database from Google over to MailChimp
- Grown our social community on LinkedIn and Twitter. Remember to follow us!
This survey should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete and is completely anonymous – we will not know who’s provided which answers. Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday, May 20.
While all the raw data and copy will remain internal, by participating in this survey you agree to us publicising – on an aggregated basis – any, and all, findings.
Adam, Aisha and Alec
P.S. Check out Adam’s latest blog post on getting more women involved!
“Tories in Comms has accomplished a lot in 12 months and I believe it has a bright future; adding value to supporters’ professional and personal lives. Based on the conversations I’ve had, there is real appetite to do even more – we just need to agree on the priorities. This survey presents the perfect opportunity to do just that. Thanks in advance for your contribution!”
–Katie Perrior, Chair of iNHouse Communications and CiC
“I’ve been a supporter of Tories in Comms for several years and was grateful for your support during the general election campaign. I would recommend the group to all conservatives in communications, so that they benefit from the networking and business development opportunities as well as the chance to contribute ideas and content via its blog and newsletter.”
–Theo Clarke MP, Patron and an early Supporter of CiC